Scriggler.com and Britains Next Best Seller launched their latest short story competition this week, looking for the best 10 crime/thriller short stories to feature in a compilation book.
The 10 shortlisted authors will get a crowdfunding campaign that may see their story published and sold around the world. All author royalties earned from the book sales will be donated to “The Hope Academy for Girls” — a self-sustaining, multi-purpose school for at-risk girls in the rural area of Sierra Leone. So not only could you get to see your work in print, but you could help to fund the education of young girls in West Africa, without a doubt a very worthy cause.
The competition runs from 1st December 2014 until 31st January 2015 and is open to ALL authors from ANY country. Remember, the theme is crime/thriller and ideally word count should not exceed 7,500 words.
The overall winner will also see their story’s title chosen as the compilation’s title.
Rules of Entry
- Participants need to register and publish their entries on Scriggler.com
- All entries must be previously unpublished.
- Entry is not limited to UK residents. Authors can be based in any country for the purposes of this competition.
- Only entire stories would be considered, no extracts.
- Word count should not exceed 7,500 words.
- While authors keep their rights when publishing on Scriggler, the purpose of the contest is to compile and publish a book of short stories and winning authors would be expected to enter into an agreement with BNBS. Please consider this when entering.
Further information including introductions to BNBS, Scriggler.com, and what will happen to all entries once submitted can be found on the Scriggler.com website here.